Terms and Conditions of Hire
Paying a deposit shows that you intend to hire a product or service from us and are therefore entered into a contract as laid out on your initial quotation.
It is the responsibility of the client to provide a safe working environment for the event. If this is not available, the full amount will remain payable. This includes:
Sufficient access is available for the unloading and positioning of the equipment.
- The venue has the required access and area required to allow the equipment to be set up safely.
- The area where the equipment is to be set up is clean and clear from anything that may cause injury or damage to the equipment or participators.
- We reserve the right to refuse to perform or operate the equipment if we believe the venue is unsuitable or unsafe.
- We will not be held responsible for any obstruction, nuisance or interferance.
- Our ice cream trikes weigh in excess of 100kg when fully loaded with ice cream, please bear this in mind when considering a possible location. We can manage a couple of steps but not a whole flight of stairs.
- Please ensure that any doorways or access points are at least 1m wide.
It is at our discretion as to whether the performance should be closed down and if this is the case, the full fee will be payable. This includes:
- The participants are acting in an abusive or aggressive manner.
- The participants are being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The conditions are proving to be too dangerous.
Loss, damage and theft
- The customer may only use the hire equipment for the normal purpose for which they are intended.
- The hire equipment must not be used in an improper manner.
- The hire equipment must not be altered or amended in any way, including attaching anything to the equipment by means of screws, nails or adhesive fixings.
- The customer should not attempt to make any repairs to the equipment .
- Any damage to the equipment should be reported to the company at the earliest opportunity preferably before collection.
- The customer is liable for the safe storage and keeping of the equipment including protection from weather damage. The customer should also insure against loss, damage and theft.
- Any equipment that has been lost stolen or damaged will be charged for at an agreed rate.
Example replacement costs for missing items or broken beyond repair: Deckchairs £40, Parasols £30, 78's £5
In the event of us being prevented from performing due to inclement weather conditions, such as snow, wind, rain or any circumstances beyond our control, then the full fee shown, shall still be payable.
Public Liability Insurance
We carry public liability insurance for 5 million pounds and it is subject to the terms and conditions of this contract being complied with. Public Liability Insurance is excluded in its entirety following any claim or injury to any third party or employee whether directly or indirectly related to the use of drugs and/or alcohol.
The Client must ensure that a mains 240v 13amp power supply is available unless a generator has been previously agreed. If a 13amp power supply is to be used the client must ensure that it is within 50 meters from the main power source. Should no power supply be available, or the power supply not be adequate to fulfil this contract, then the full fee shown on this contract shall still be payable by the Client.
We ask that a 25% deposit be paid at the time of booking with the remaining balance paid at least 2 weeks before the event date.
If the balance of the payment has not been paid within the specified time then we have the right to cancel the booking and withhold the deposit.
If you wish to make an alternative payment arrangement then please feel free to discuss this when you speak to us at the time of booking.
If an item is cancelled after an invoice has been raised then the original deposit will be forfeited, a further deposit will be required to hold the remaining items.
Payments can be made by BACS, paypal or by cheque (made payable to Living the Cream).
Any cancellations must be received at this office in writing and the following cancellation charges will apply:
- Deposits are non-refundable
- Deposits are non-transferable
- More than 14 days from the date of the event – 33% of the agreed fee
- Less than 14 days from the date of the event – 66% of the agreed fee - Less than 7 days from the date of the event – the full agreed fee
- Cancellations must be made in writing and cancellations charges must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation.
Changes to this contract
Any changes to the booking must be notified in writing and these hire terms and conditions are integral with the details outlined on this contract.
Website and Designs
All images and designs are owned exclusively by Living the Cream and cannot be used or reproduced without prior permission.